When you use WCF, you might meet the following error message:
The content type text/html; charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (text/xml; charset=utf-8). If using a custom encoder, be sure that the IsContentTypeSupported method is implemented properly. The first 1024 bytes of the response were: ‘
Server Error in ‘/xxxx/xxxxServices’ Applic’.
The one of reasons is that you have to set up Windows Process Activation Service (also known as WAS) on Windows Vista ( or Windows 7 ) to host WCF services that do not communicate over HTTP network protocols.
the following steps from MSDN:
To install the WCF non-HTTP activation components
1. Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Programs, and then click Programs and Features.
3. On the Tasks menu, click Turn Windows features on or off.
4. Find the .NET Framework 3.0 node, select and then expand it.
5. Select the WCF Non-Http Activation Components box and save the setting.
All details please read MSDN
And also, please read : How to: Host a WCF Service in WAS